Enjoy! We did.
Happy Independence Day!
I forgot it was July 4th until CT. Derby reminded me. We all met today for some pizza in Old City.
First off. I got your package! And about 500 DearElders! Okay, 12. I also got a letter from Grandma! It was great to hear from you all. The package was fantastic. I opened it right after I ended my fast. Which may not have been a good idea. The first thing I did was make an almond-peanut-butter-guava-candy-spam-tamale-maple-bookmark sandwich. Okay, that's a lie. But I did eat about 8 packages of Fruit Snacks before I realized I needed to make them LAST :) The thing is, fast sunday back home was like... wake up, go to church, come home, sleep until dinner, done. Fast Sunday here is insane. Sunday is one of the best days of the week for missionary work since people are generally home. So there's a LOT of walking, and it's insane hot here. I don't know exactly how hot, but I guess somewhere in the mid 80's. Which isn't THAT bad, except the humidity here has been somewhere around 8324% (give or take 1000%) since last Monday. For reals. I can't think of any way to describe it except "sauna." That word is used to describe hot humid places so much that it seems trite. But it really, really is like a sauna. Except you can't leave, because it's everywhere. Even inside. But it's okay. I'll live. I'm probably sweating off like 4 pounds a day (I have lost 15 pounds since I left the MTC... haha hopefully it's fat and not muscle).
So news from this week:
It was kind of a rough week. Just really dry contacting (not dry in the weather sense) without much results. But we're going to be focusing a lot on activities this month since regular street contacting has been getting progressively less and less effective with each week for a while. Elder Kuzmin said something I considered particularly wise though on Saturday night: "Whenever you have a really hard week like this, it's more important than ever to have a good attitude and endure well, because it's usually the lord testing you. And when you pass the test, you get a huge blessing coming up soon." I'll let you know what the blessing is next week :D
We just got a new set of SYL (speak your language) rules. Uh oh. 100% everywhere now, including meetings. The only exceptions are in Zone Conference and when your leaders say you don't have to. This will be really tough for me, but it's okay. Things will be fine. There's no such thing as a stupid rule in this mission.
Well, that's about all I can think of. I probably won't have time to write letters today, because it's already getting up towards six and we still have thing to do before we go home. So don't expect any letters in the next ten days or so :D. But next week I should be able to get off some pictures to you. I have quite a few built up now.
Love you all! Hope everyone had an awesome time at Beav! It was weird thinking about how this is the first Deer Park/Beaver Creek I have missed in my memory. But hopefully someone else there knows how to build the fire. Probably you got by.
Have a great week! Word.
Love,
-Elder Andrew Broekhuijsen
No comments:
Post a Comment