Monday, December 19, 2011

A Quickie Email

I won't complain, because we DO get a phone call from Elder Broekhuijsen this week, but today's email was way shorter than normal.  Maybe he's just making sure we appreciate the fact that he generally sends much longer ones!

Boy, how the time flies.
Speaking of time flying, Elder Langston and I are going to the Saratov Zone Conference to do a training. Which is cool, except that it's 11:10 right now and we have to be at the train station in 50 minutes, and we're a half an hour from home. Which means this email is going to be CRAZY short. Sorry :( I'll make it up to you by calling on Christmas Eve at 7:00 PM our time. 
So L* is going to get baptized on Christmas Eve! Which is awesome, because that means I'm going to baptize her, and then get out of the water, get dressed, and we'll probably have a closing prayer and then I'll go skype you from the branch building not long after that.
There are actually way too many miracles to explain here in the next 5 minutes. But I'm SO happy for all the awesome stuff that Melissa is having in her area. I know she'll be a WONDERFUL trainer. I also have the Arabian Christmas song (I think that's what it's called?) stuck in my head about 99% of any given day. It's the best thing ever.
I love my mission! I'm excited to be able to tell you all the amazing stuff that I have going for me right now. Elder Langston is the best companion ever, we're tearing it up. God is pouring out new investigators on our heads like nothing else; they're so awesome and elect! And since neither of us has language skills miles ahead of the other, we teach in really good unity, which is awesome!
Zone Conference here was wonderful!
Okay. Well I pretty much have to go now. So, yeah. But I love you!  I'm so glad things are just going excellenty down there. I'm happy to hear my fish get to spend Christmas in Paradise :D  
[Editor's note: This was in response to us telling him the sad news that the heater in the aquarium malfunctioned and we unintentionally cooked all the fish he left here with us. Nice that he was able to see the "bright side" of the situation!]
Love you all! Talk to you in a few days!
Love,
Elder Broekhuijsen


1 comment:

Jerome said...

"Tropical Bouillabaisse" -- Yes, I'm the chef :-(